My final newsletter for 2021. It has been an interesting year for all of us. One thing that keeps me happy is sharing my recipes and love for delicious food. This month I was super excited to reach another milestone with 1000 subscribers on my YouTube channel. A huge thank you for all your support and feedback.
Christmas Menu Ideas
In this months newsletter, it was hard not to focus on Christmas. For a little last-minute menu inspiration, I have included a few of my favourite recipes for breakfast, starters, sides, mains and of course dessert.
It can be tricky wondering what to make for family or friends that don't eat meat? Here are a few enticing vegetarian suggestions that will impress your meat-free guests for your festive feast.
I am not a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas food. I prefer a different menu. Except I do enjoy a moist fruit cake. I make one every year. This year I have recreated my simple spelt flour fruit cake into a gluten-free Christmas cake. I think it's the best gluten-free cake I have made.
Christmas Breakfast Ideas
In our house, I usually bake sweet treats for breakfast. Mr P doesn't care for eggs unless disguised as pancakes or a cake. Here are a few of my new and old favourites to inspire you if you care for a sweet treat for Christmas morning.
- Simple Pancakes with spelt or buckwheat
- Austrian Kaiserschmarnn Pancakes chopped pancakes
- Banana Muffins, Blueberry Muffins or Orange Spiced Muffins
- Pistachio Cinnamon Scrolls or Easy Apple Cinnamon Scrolls
- Spelt Panettone
Vegetarian Christmas Menu Ideas
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cavolo Nero (or spinach) Tart
- Roasted Aubergine Bake – can be vegan without the cheese
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Quinoa – vegan
- Savoury Galette
- Roasted Gnocchi Sheet Pan
- Courgette (zucchini) Ribbon Salad – NEW
- Roast Vegetable Salad
- Roasted Spiced Parsnip and Carrots – vegan
- Caponata (Italian Eggplant/ Aubergine Salad)
- Chocolate Truffles – NEW
- Gluten-free Christmas Cake – NEW
- Classic Tiramisu
- Easy Spelt Apple Pie
- Healthy White Christmas Balls – NEW
- No-bake Raspberry Ice Box cake – for my Aussie readers like a version of a Chocolate Ripple Cake
I hope you have enjoy this months recipe ideas. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year with your friends and family. Stay healthy, safe and relax with a cuppa and a cake or two.
Lots of love