A fancy thinly sliced courgette ribbon salad is sure to be a perfect side to impress your guests. This ribbon salad is a creative way to serve courgette (zucchini). I use a mandoline to make slicing the courgette thinly easy. For extra healthiness, I add edamame beans, then finish with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds on top, a splash of fresh lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil to serve. We love this serve with roasted carrots and parsnips.
Takes = 5 minutes
Makes = 2 to 4 serves as a side
Inspired by Original recipe - Polpo had basil
- Courgette thinly sliced – 1 small
- Splash lemon – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Drizzle olive oil
- Defrosted Edamame Beans (optional or add basil like the original recipe) – 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Handful rocket or baby spinach if you'd prefer
USE a mandoline to thinly slice the courgette. Add rocket to the serving platter, add on the edamame beans then drizzle the oil, lemon juice, sprinkle on salt and pepper. Top with pumpkin seeds and grate on parmesan cheese.