My roast vegetable salad is all-time favourite way to eat roast vegetables any time of year. Both delicious served slightly warm or cold salad or served warm with roast chicken or as a quick alternative to traditional roast vegetables. Gluten-free, vegan-friendly, also great to have ready in the refrigerator as a meal prep. idea when you need a quick lunch or dinner. Serves 2-4
- 2 sweet potatoes peel and chopped
- 1 pepper/capsicum deseeded and chopped
- 2 courgettes/zucchinis sliced lengthways, quartered and chopped
- 2 small red or white onions cut lengthways
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sprinkle of paprika
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 tsp crushed garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon – dressing
- drizzle olive oil – dressing
- 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup – dressing
- 1 tsp seeded mustard – dressing
- add avocado and olives (optional)
- Preheat oven at 200˚c. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or baking paper.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to a large bowl, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with spices, salt and pepper. Bake for 2o minutes, checking and flipping the vegetables so they are cooked through and don't stick.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Allow to cool slightly if serving the salad with leaves.
- To make the dressing I use a recycled jar, add all the ingredients to the clean and empty jar, screw the lid on and shake until combined. This can be prepared ahead of time.
- Serve the roasted vegetables with mixed leaves, add chopped avocado and olives (optional) sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds, black or white sesame seeds.