Fluffy Spelt Pancakes + Oat Milk
Fluffy spelt pancakes with oat milk are a favourite in our home. With a hint of cinnamon, this is a lovely addition to the sweet and slightly nutty flavour of spelt. No added butter or sugar and this recipe work well for anyone lactose intolerant. Easy, tasty and nutritious and are super simple to whip up for any meal. This recipe serves 2 and makes about 6 medium size pancakes. If cooking for a family then double this recipe. It is best to cook the batter all at once.
- Wholemeal Spelt Flour – 130g (1 cup)
- Egg – 1 (or flax egg)
- Oat Milk – 250ml (approx. 1 cup) or your desired thickness
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp*
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- HEAT – non stick pan, brush lightly with oil or melted butter, smooth off with paper towel.
- WHISK – spelt flour, baking soda, powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- MIX in the milk and egg until smooth.
- TRANSFER mixture to a pouring jug (if you had one)
- POUR – approx. 1/2 cup or large spoonful of batter, depending on the size you like
- COOK – one side 2-3 mins, once bubbles appear, then flip. Should be golden brown, turn the pan down if cooking too fast
- FLIP – cook second side for approx, 1 min, this side will be faster.
- SERVE – with jam, fruit, chocolate spread or maple syrup
* If you don't have baking soda add 1 tsp of baking powder. I've made them both ways but this is my prefer recipe. Happy cooking!