Fresh gnocchi roasted on a sheet pan with tomatoes, onion and courgette (zucchini); you don't need to slave over a hot stove, wondering what's for dinner has never been so delicious and simple.
How to you make Roasted Gnocchi?
For roasted gnocchi, all you need to do is toss everything in a large bowl, add oil and spices, then roast for 20 minutes. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes.
What do you serve with roasted gnocchi?
Serve with leafy greens, fresh parsley and grated parmesan and imagine you're sitting in a restaurant in Italy.
Where does Gnocchi come from?
Gnocchi originates in Northern Italy, where it's colder and much better for growing potatoes.
Takes = 10 mins
Bakes = 20 mins
Makes = 4 serves
- Packet fresh Gnocchi – 500g
- Fresh tomatoes – 250g
- Courgette/zucchini – 1 to 2
- Onion – 1 chopped in half then sliced lengthways
- Garlic powder/granules – 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
- Dried Basil – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley – a handful
- Fresh spinach leaves – 2 handfuls
- Grated parmesan
- Fresh mozzarella
- PREHEAT oven 220˚C fan
- PREPARE sheet pan greased and lined with baking paper or foil.
- CHOP onion in half then sliced from the top, chop courgette (zucchini) in half then small pieces.
- PLACE gnocchi, onion and courgette in a large bowl then drizzle on olive oil, sprinkle spices and toss with a large spoon.
- SPREAD onto a large sheet pan and ensure that everything has room to breathe.
- ROAST for 20 minutes, checking and tossing after 10 minutes.
- SERVE with fresh baby spinach, parsley, torn pieces of fresh mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.