This quick carrot and parsnip soup recipe came about when I was trying to use up some old vegetables in my refrigerator. My homemade soup is wow a staple during winter and my go-to soup recipe shared amongst friends. I now love this combination more than pumpkin soup. If you are looking for a healthy and nutritious soup recipe then try this quick carrot and parsnip soup.
Here's my recipe below for both a small version that is for two serves or double it if you want some for lunch the next day.
Takes = 40 minutes
Makes = 2 generous serves
- 3-6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3-6 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 500ml - 1 litre water
- 1-2 vegetarian stock cube
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- (or add a few teaspoons of curry powder instead)
1. Fry onion in a little olive oil.
2. Add spices, water and stock.
3. Boil vegetables for 20-40 mins until soft.
4. Mash the vegetables with a potato masher.
5. Then pulverise with a Bamix or food processor until smooth.
6. Enjoy with crusty fresh bread of a salad and sprinkle with some seeds.