No-bake Raspberry Icebox Cake is the perfect dessert to make ahead of time to impress guests with minimal fuss. I used ginger nut biscuits, frozen raspberries, mascarpone cheese, fresh lime and a little sugar to re-create my take on the Ice Box Cake. My no-bake raspberry icebox cake recipe is a fresh twist on an Australian dessert known as chocolate ripple cake. Also, recently inspired by Melissa Clarks Strawberry Ice Box Cake. I love raspberries and always have a frozen packet in my freezer. I love this cream cheese recipe over cream and love the zingy combination of lime, ginger and raspberries.
Takes = 15 minutes + overnight chilling
Makes = 8-10 serves
- Frozen Raspberries – 350g (1/2 for cream, 1/2 to serve)
- Mascarpone cream cheese (or regular cream cheese) – 250 g
- Icing sugar – 3 tablespoons (more to taste if you have a sweet tooth)
- Lime zest – 1 ¼ teaspoons finely grated , more to taste
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger nut biscuits – 1 x 250g packet (almost all except 6 to crush add to the top and to serve)
- Fresh Raspberries to decorate (optional)
- Cream or Ice cream to accompany
Defrost raspberries by heating raspberries in a small saucepan and allowing to cool completely. Tip, prepare this the day before.
PURÉE raspberries in a food processor or blender, then strain to remove the seeds and extra liquid if desired. You should have about 1/2 cup.
WHISK mascarpone, 1/2 raspberry purée, icing sugar, lime juice and zest until you form a stiff mixture.
SPREAD a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on a flat serving platter, and start to form the log, add cream mixture to one side of the biscuit, and continue until you use all the packet. Top the sides and top with the remaining cream cheese. Cover with plastic to chill overnight or at least 8 hours.
TO SERVE remove from the fridge 15 minutes beforehand so the filling is slightly soft, then crush a few biscuits on top or on the plate, drizzle some raspberry purée (add a little icing sugar to sweeten if needed) and then arrange a few fresh raspberries on top and cut slices on the diagonal. Serve with cream or ice cream. A tip this get better with age. Like a tiramisu this can be made 2-3 days ahead of time. Store in the fridge covered.