This easy no-bake chocolate biscuit balls recipe is not original but was too delicious not to share. I first discovered a version of this recipe online. I had a container of digestive biscuits that were slightly stale and needed to be used up so I thought instead of throwing them out what could I make with them?
This recipe appealed to me as I could control the sugar levels, and it wouldn't be too sweet. This is a recipe that is made without condensed milk and using ingredients that I had in the house like butter, sugar and milk. You could probably use other types of biscuits too.
Takes = 10 minutes plus chill time
Makes = 20-25 small balls
- Digestive biscuits or similar, crushed/ground – 250g, 17 biscuits
- Butter, or vegan –60g (4 tbs)
- Brown sugar or white sugar – 60g (4 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract (optional) – 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder, sifted – 30g (1/4 cup)
- Soya milk (plant) or regular – 65g (1/3 cup)
- Desiccated Coconut – 30g (2-3 tbs)
1. Grind the biscuits in a food processor or pop them into a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin until fine.
2. Mix the butter, vanilla and sugar together until creamy. Add to the butter-sugar-cocoa mixture and stir well.
3. Shape them into small balls now. If not chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Then roll. You may need to add some water to your hands so they don't stick.
4. Then roll in coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight then serve.