This pretty platter includes Gran Luchito small, soft street taco shells, served with maple and paprika baked chicken, spicy Mexican potato wedges, baby spinach, fresh thinly sliced cucumber, melt in your mouth charred Padrón peppers, avocado, chipotle mayo and homemade simple salsa. Everything tastes better with it is served to look pretty on a platter, enjoy a tasty taco board for Taco Tuesday. I created this for a quick dinner or lunch for 2 on a lined baking tray for a fun way to have deconstructed tacos. You could make a few platters when entertaining with friends or family or one large one depending on the size of your tray. Serves 2
Homemade Simple Salsa
Fresh and zingy tomato salsa is delicious with these soft tacos. You could add more spice and coriander but I like to simplicity of the tomato, lime and onion.
- Chopped fresh tomatoes – 4
- Chopped Red Onion – 1
- Lime Juice – 1/2 lime
- Minced Garlic – 1/4 tsp or to taste
- CHOP onion and tomatoes
- ADD lime juice
- CHILL for at least 10-15 minutes before serving
Paprika and Maple Syrup Baked Chicken
- Chicken breast – 2
- Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper – pinch
- Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
- PREHEAT oven to 200˚C
- PLACE the chicken fillet in a plastic bag and tenderise with a meat clever or rolling pin until slightly flatter
- ADD oil, syrup and spices to a bowl an stir until combined
- ADD the chicken to the marinade until fully coated
- BAKE for 20 minutes
Mexican Potato Wedges
- Potatoes with skin on pre-boiled – 3-4 medium
- Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix – 1/2 tsp
- PRE-BOIL potatoes for 20-40 mins until soft with a fork.
- COOL then chop into wedges
- MIX in a medium bowl, oil and spices
- ADD potatoes and mix until the potatoes are fully coated with the spicy
Homemade Chipotle Mayo
- Vegan Mayo – 3 large tsp
- Tomato Sauce – drizzle
- Tabasco – 4-5 drops
- Cayenne Pepper – small sprinkle
- MIX all ingredients together in a bowl.
Guacamole Avocado Dip
- Avocado – 1-2
- Minced/crushed garlic – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 3-4 tsp
- CUT avocado in half and gently remove the large seed.
- REMOVE flesh from the skin. Slice lengthways then use the back of a knife to run the knife around the edge of the skin to release the flesh.
- MASH with a fork until almost smooth.
- ADD garlic, lemon juice salt and pepper and stir until combined
Melt in your mouth sweet, not spicy green Spanish Padrón pepper. Simple pan fry until charred, the flavour is smoky and accompanies Mexican food well for anyone that doesn't want the spiciness of jalapeños.
- RINSE the peppers and pan fry for 10 minutes in olive oil until the skin is brown and crinkly.