This delicious quick Thai green curry is a great mid-week meal when you're in a hurry, too tired to cook. No need to order takeaway you can have dinner ready in 15 minutes. It tastes scrumptious with and without meat, mix and match your vegetables depending what's in the fridge and made easy with a store-bought Blue Dragon (vegan-friendly) ready-made curry paste. We have this weekly both with chicken and also just vegetables. A great way to get lots of your 5 a day vegetables in one meal. This recipe is 2 generous serves.
- Thai green curry paste (Blue Dragon is my preferred brand) – 50g / 3.5 tbsp
- Can of Coconut Milk – 400g
- Coconut Oil (or your preferred oil) – 1-2 tbsp
- Sliced Onion – 1
- Garlic clove – 1
- Piece of fresh ginger - 2cm
- Courgette/Zucchini (thinly sliced batons) – 1/2
- Red Pepper (thinly sliced batons)– 1/2
- Broccoli (small heads only) – 1/2 cup
- Baby Spinach – handful
- Carrots (thinly sliced into batons) – 3 small
- Lime – 1/2
- Coriander (optional) – bunch
- Carrots (thinly sliced in batons) – 1
- Chicken breast or thigh chopped (optional) – 1-2 pieces
- Sesame Seeds – sprinkle
- Maple Syrup/ Sugar (optional) – 1 tsp
- SAUTÉ – onion first for a few minutes, then add garlic, ginger and cook through for another few minutes.
- ADD chicken pieces and sauté until the outside edge is brown.
- ADD coconut milk - cream only at this stage. If the curry needs more liquid add more later.
- ADD lime juice, sugar, red pepper, carrots and broccoli (I like the heads only in small pieces).
- SIMMER for 5 minutes then add the courgette and baby spinach just before serving (I don't like them too cooked).
- SPRINKLE with sesame seeds and coriander and serve with steamed rice.