One bite of my rice flour cookies and they melt in your mouth. I wanted to make a simple three-ingredient cookie using brown rice flour. I included tahini to bind the cookies instead of an egg and adding maple syrup means the taste is not too sweet. The rice flour cookies are soft yet crunchy and a perfect recipe for anyone after a cookie recipe without eggs and dairy. I adapted this recipe from a Flora and Vino recipe.
Takes = 5 mins plus chill time 15 mins in the fridge if needed
Bakes = 10 mins
Makes = 16-20 small cookies
- Tahini paste (sesame seed paste) – 130g (1/2 cup)
- Brown Rice flour (or your choice) – 130g (1 cup)
- Maple syrup – 120ml (1/2 cup)
- PREHEAT oven 170˚C, 350˚F
- MIX all three ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- SCOOP a teaspoon and form a ball.
- SQUISH the top of the ball slightly and flatten then sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- BAKE in oven 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- REST to cool before enjoying.
- STORE in a sealed container for 5-7 days. I don't think they'll last this long. My first test batch were gone in 2 days.