Healthy Rice Crispy Treats: 4 ingredients
Healthy rice crispy treats are simple to make and an easy no-bake recipe that is super simple for kids to make for an after school snack. I have made this version with gluten-free UK Rice Krispies and used agave nectar for a natural sweetener, so they are also vegan-friendly. You can tweak this recipe to change the nut butter and add in almond or cashew nut spread, and you could swap out the sesame seeds for coconut if preferred. I have not included any oil, like coconut oil as I wanted to keep it to a simple 4 ingredient recipe.
- 2 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (swap out for almond/cashew nut spread)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (swap out for brown rice syrup, golden syrup, maple syrup or honey)
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds (or swap out for desiccated coconut)
- Line your square 22cm x 22cm baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Stovetop or in the microwave, melt your nut butter with your syrup and then pour the mixture into the crispy rice cereal and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rice cereal and sesame seeds and set aside.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tray and press firmly into place.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set before cutting into squares.
- Makes 15 squares