My green matcha cookies are bright, light and gluten-free. My cookies are slightly crunchy yet still soft and melt in your mouth. This cookie recipe is made with my new homemade gluten-free flour blend with rice flour, potato flour and cornflour. I will add the link below for the recipe for making 500g.
The recipe tip to ensure the cookies stay bright green and don't turn brown is not to bake them for too long.
Takes = 15 minutes + resting time
Bakes = 6-8 minutes
Makes = 26 - 30 cookies
- Unsalted softened butter – 110g
- Sugar – 160g
- Large egg – 1 (approx. 52g)
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 ts
- My homemade gluten-free flour blend* – 200g
- Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Matcha Powder – 1 tablespoon
- BEAT sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract on a medium speed until well combined. Scrape the sides down often.
- SIFT over the flour blend, matcha powder and baking powder, you can use a whisk to help.
- BEAT on low until well combined.
- CHILL the cookie dough covered in the fridge for 30 minutes. Or even overnight.
- OVEN 200˚C, 180˚C fan, grease and line one large or two cookie trays with baking paper.
- SCOOP out a small teaspoon roll it into a ball then place the ball on a baking tray and flatten the cookie with the bottom of a glass or your hand. (I love this tip they come out so even). I forgot to do this in my video tutorial. Sprinkle with a little sugar on top.
- BAKE for 6-8 minutes do not overcook.
- COOL the cookies completely before you store them in an airtight container at room temperature.