Bundt Beef Nachos + how to make guacamole
Are you curious about how to make bundt beef nachos and how to make guacamole at home? For fun, I used my bundt tin for this video, also called a party ring. You could use a round cake tin to have a hole use a recycled tin or an ovenproof ramekin to get the same result.
This recipe is made with minced beef but also works with tinned black beans.
I love using a store-bought Mexican spice for ease but you could add your special mix of spices.
A super fun way to make homemade nachos for your family, friends or just for you.
Takes = 15 mins prep
Bakes = 15 mins
Makes = 2 serves dinner, 4 serves snack or side
- 1 chopped onion (optional, I prefer mine without)
- 500g mince beef - (vegetarian option - 2 x tins of beans)
- 1/2 tin chopped/crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons of Mexican spice mix
- 2/3 cup of water (only if needed or looking too dry)
- 2-3 tablespoons of tomato passata
- 250g grated cheddar cheese (swap for vegan cheese or lactose free cheese)
- 200g packet of corn chips
Easy Guacamole Dip (Avocado Dip)
- 2 soft avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced/crushed garlic
- If adding an onion fry this first, then remove before frying the beef.
- Fry 500g beef mince until the pink has been removed.*
- Add spices 1 minute and stir.
- Add tomatoes and passata.
- Mix together and simmer for a few minutes until liquid is cooked off.
- Prepare you pan by spraying vegetable oil on the base of you pan, if using a bundt pan be very generous. Start with a thin layer of corn chips, then a sprinkling of grated cheese, a large heaped spoonful of meat sauce, repeat layers finishing with chips and a layer of grated cheese.
- Bake in oven on 180-200˚C for 15-20 minutes approx. check after 10 minutes.
- If making it in a bundt ring sit for 3-5 mins before flipping out to serve. Tip use a plastic spatula to release some of the cheese from the tin before releasing.
- Serve with homemade guacamole, salsa and or sour cream. If you love jalapeno's feel free to add them. We prefer ours without.
*vegetarian option - omit the beef, add two tins of beans eg. black beans & red kidney beans, with all ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes, then mash your mix slightly with a fork or potato masher.