This baked chocolate mousse tart is modified from the Lindt chocolate site. A perfect gluten-free dessert to impress guests. I made this using a 70% dark chocolate bar as that's what I had on hand. The original recipe also added in a little 85% dark chocolate. I thought it was perfect just with the 70% dark chocolate.
This baked chocolate tart recipe is delicious served with berries and vanilla ice cream. You could make this the day before and once cooled store it in the fridge covered until the following day.
Takes = 20 minutes
Bakes = 12-15 minutes
Makes = 6-8 serves 20cm fluted tin or round cake tin
- Dark chocolate 70%, 100g chopped – 80g + 20g (2 tbs left for later)
- Butter, diced – 60g (just over 4 tb)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- White sugar, caster if you have it – 90g divided (just under 1/2 cup)
- Cocoa powder, sifted – 15g (about 2 tbs)
Add cream or ice cream, berries and chopped pistachios or another type of nut.
- Oven 210˚C, 190˚C fan. Butter a 20cm fluted round tin or another 20cm round tin.
- Place 80g of the chopped chocolate and butter in an oven-proof. bowl, over a barely simmering pot of water on very low. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Separate the eggs. Then in a medium mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, salt and half of the sugar until light and pale. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture until it becomes smooth. Sift cocoa powder, then add the extra chopped chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl with the balance of the sugar and whip until you have a stiff meringue.
- Gently fold into the chocolate mixture, trying to keep in as much air as possible.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the centre is just firm to touch but with a slight wobble.
- Serve immediately away a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.