Yoghurt cake with only 4 ingredients; this is kind of like a healthy cheese-cake-like dessert. Yoghurt cake is not an original recipe but one I have wanted to bake for a while. All you need is Greek or Turkish yoghurt, sugar, cornflour and the optional vanilla or lemon zest. If you are craving cheesecake but want a healthier option that is also cheaper to make.
Takes – 10 minutes
Makes – 8-10 slices
Bakes – 60 minutes
- Thick Yoghurt, Greek or Turkish – 500g (about 2 cups)
- Sugar – 150g (3/4 cup)
- Eggs, large – 4
- Cornflour – 40g (about 4 tablespoons)
- Optional Flavouring: Vanilla extract or lemon zest – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C fan. Prepare the 20cm (8 inches) cake tin moisten some baking paper and scrunch it into a ball then press gently into the baking tin.
- To a large bowl add the yoghurt and sugar then combine using a hand-held mixer until it's dissolved. Add all the eggs, cornflour and either a little vanilla or lemon zest for extra flavour, then mix again until smooth (only for a minute.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake on a tray for 50 minutes at 170˚C fan, then turn the oven up to 180˚C fan for the last 10 minutes to brown the top.
- Remove and cool completely then gently remove the paper and cake tin. I like to cool it in the fridge then the paper comes away more easily. Serve with berries.