Easy sunflower seeds cookies are super quick to make and with only 3 ingredients ground sunflower seeds, egg whites and sugar. This recipe is based on my easy 3 ingredient gluten-free almond cookies. Instead of using ground almonds, I made this recipe a nut-free cookie, using ground sunflower seeds instead.
If you are looking for an easy gluten-free biscuit recipe to make at home then try this one. I love this sunflower seed recipe – it has only 3 ingredients and it is so quick to make. You can make, and bake these gluten-free, flour-free biscuits and have them ready to eat within 30 minutes. I like to make small bite-size biscuits, then you don't feel too guilty eating them.
This a perfect recipe for any family or friend with a nut allergy. Another bonus is sunflower seeds are less expensive than ground almonds.
4 Sunflower Seed Health Benefits:
- High in protein – 6g protein in a 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- High in Vitamin E: good for your skin and hair health
- A great alternative to nuts and less expensive
Takes = prep. 10 minutes then chill time 30 minutes or overnight
Bakes = 14 minutes
Makes = 24 small cookies
- Sunflower Seeds, ground – 200g (1 cup)
- White sugar – 100g (1/2 cup)
- Egg whites – 2
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, 180˚C fan and line or grease two baking trays.
- Grind your seeds with a food processor, NutriBullet or coffee grinder.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed, then gently fold in the sugar and ground seeds. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge to chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes this will make it easier to form the balls.
- Using a teaspoon scoop out the cookie dough, then roll it into balls and place it on the baking trays and press down gently to flatten. Tip: if the mixture is sticky wet your hands a little.
- Bake for 14 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before munching. Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks, and in the freezer for up to 2 months.