What's for dinner? I am sharing a Sweet Potato Sheet Pan recipe, this takes 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to bake. This sheet pan recipe includes spiced sweet potato, roasted carrots, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and served with fresh leaves and a drizzle of yoghurt dressing. Mix and match what vegetables you have on-hand. Swap out the sweet potato for butternut pumpkin.
What's for Dinner? I will share how I adapt my ideas and create easy dinner ideas.
Quite often, I stare into the fridge and say to myself what's for dinner. I love to create recipes according to what I have on hand. I try to avoid visiting the supermarket too many times. I decided to start this series to share some of my favourite dinner ideas they will be mainly vegetarian and semi-healthy. If you have any requests for a video or recipe idea, I would love to hear from you. Please send me a message to Sue Maree P via YouTube, Instagram or Facebook or send me an email email@example.com.
Takes = 10 mins to prep.
Bakes = 45 mins
Makes = 2 serves
- Carrots – 200g (about 4 medium)
- Sweet Potatoes – 3 medium size
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Paprika – 1-2 tsp
- Ground cumin – 1-2 tsp
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Tin of chick peas drained – 400g (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- Pumpkin Seeds – 50g (about 1/2 cup)
- Greek yoghurt – 120g small tub (about 1/2 cup)
- Lemon juice – 1/2 of a lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- Olive oil – drizzle about 1/2 tbsp
- OVEN preheat at 180˚C fan, Gas 6
- PEEL and trim bottoms and tops. Then slice carrots in half and quartered. Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice lengthways and cut into long pieces.
- TOSS vegetables into a large bowl, then add in spices and oil and give a good stir.
- PLACE onto a large baking tray, I always line with baking paper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- REMOVE the tray from the oven add the drained chick peas, and pumpkin seeds. Stir them throughly with the vegetables and roast for another 20 minutes.
- DRESSING mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and add a little salt and pepper if desired (I forgot this in my video).
- REMOVE the tray from the oven and drizzle over the yoghurt dressing and scatter over some fresh baby spinach leaves and fresh herbs eg parsley if you have any in the fridge.
- SERVE straight from the tray warm.
Sue Maree P Tips
- SWEET POTATO could be swapped out for squash (butternut pumpkin)
- FETA cheese could be crumbled on top
- SERVE with grilled lamb, chicken or fish