This week on What's for Dinner, I am sharing a naughty takeaway at-home recipe; sheet pan nachos.
This easy sheet pan nachos recipe is made with a single layer of corn chips, a tin of our favourite black beans, homemade spice, a tin of crushed tomatoes and half a packet of grated cheese. This is a vegetarian nachos recipe but if you would prefer a meat version, add cooked minced beef or cooked chicken to this recipe.
What do we serve with our nachos?
We love guacamole, and jalapeños if we have them in the fridge.
We are not big fans of sour cream or a creamy cheese sauce but if that's your thing add this too.
Takes = 5 minutes prep
Bakes = 12-15 mins
Serves = 2 generous
- Tin of crushed tomatoes – 400g
- Tin of black beans – 400g
- Mexican spice or homemade spice blend as below – 2-3 tsp
- Grated mature cheddar cheese – 125g (1 cup)
- Serve with guacamole, jalapeños, salsa and sour cream
Homemade Mexican Spice Blend (1 serve for nachos)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)– 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Onion powder/ granules – 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes (optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Ground dried coriander – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika Sweet or spicy – 2 to 3 heaped tsp
- Ground cumin – 1.5 tsp
- Ground black pepper (optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1 pinch
- Ground cloves (optional) – 1 pinch
- OVEN – preheat 200˚C and prepare a large tray baking paper
- MIX beans, tomatoes and spices in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- PLACE a single layer of corn chips on your prepared baking tray then add the bean mix and a layer of grated cheese. There may be some left over bean mix depending how much topping you like. This will freeze well for a few months or store in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you don't want leftover use half a can of beans and half a can of tomatoes instead.
- BAKE for 15 minutes, serve with guacamole, jalapeños, salsa and sour cream.