What's for Dinner? A super quick pesto butter beans with baby spinach. It's simple, healthy and delicious. I was inspired by a recipe in delicious.com.uk by Ella Woodward. I have tweaked it slightly and I used a store-bought pesto as I already had one in the cupboard.
Feel free to serve this with extra salad, meat and bread if you prefer.
Makes = 2 serves
Takes = 10mins
- Baby spinach washed (or try Kale) – 100g (2 large handfuls)
- Pesto – 2-3 tbsp
- Tin of white beans butter beans – 400g
- Pumpkin seeds toasted garnish – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Dried cranberries garnish (or pomegranate seeds) – 2 tbsp
- DRAIN and rinse white beans
- PAN fry the pumpkin seeds and remove from the pan and leave to rest
- SAUTEE beans, spinach in a little olive oil, then stir in the pesto and gently stir until warm
- SERVE with extra fresh baby spinach leaves, toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped dried cranberries