Warm and easy to digest vegetable soup, perfect easy meal for a healthy boost. Low in calories and high in fibre, it will keep you going for a while. You can use a variety of vegetables, depending what you have on hand. It's also a good way to use up any vegetables that are starting to look a little tired.
- 3-6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3-6 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 1 -2 cups of various vegetables eg courgette, beans, peas, spinach
- 500ml - 1 litre water
- 1 vegetable stock cube crumbled
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 ts ground coriander
- tin of chickpeas, lentils or beans (optional)
- Saute the onion until soft.
- Add carrots and parsnips and cook until slightly soft.
- Add spices, stock and legumes, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the green vegetables 5-10 minutes before serving so they still retain their colour.
- Serve with a salad or bread.