Vegetarian fried rice meal is a quick meal idea to cook in 10 minutes.
I love making this fried rice recipe with only a few vegetables; grated carrot and zucchini, edamame beans, onions and garlic (if I have them), tamari (or soya sauce) and chilli sauce. To serve this fried rice, I drizzle a little more chilli sauce and sprinkle toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds. This recipe is a perfect way to use leftover rice and vegetables left at the bottom of the fridge. I make this recipe without eggs as my husband dislikes eggs, but add an egg, diced chicken, or whatever extras you'd like.
Takes = 10 minutes
Makes = 2 generous serves
- Pre-cooked rice, white or brown – 1.5 cups
- Tamari or soya sauce – 1.5 tbs
- Chilli sauce – 1 tbs
- Garlic cloves, diced or crushed – 2 small
- Olive oil – 1-2 tablespoons
- Green onions (or 1/2 red or white onion) – 3-4
- Grated carrots – 2 medium (1/4 cup)
- Edamame beans, corn or peas – 1/4 cup
- Zucchini, grated – 1/2 medium (about 1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste (I forgot this in my video)
- Seeds to serve
- Extra chilli sauce to serve
- Preheat the frying pan for 5 minutes. Add in oil, sauté onions for 5 minutes, then add in grated carrot, zucchini, beans, and garlic then cook for a minute. Add cooked rice, tamari and chilli sauce. Serve with green onions on top with seeds and extra chilli sauce.