This one-pot Sweet Potato curry recipe is easy to make for a mid-week meal and will be ready to eat in 20 minutes. Once you try this easy sweet potato with coconut milk, you will want to eat it every week for a quick healthy dinner. This one-pot curry is vegan-friendly and is full of punch and zingy goodness. The added twist of lemon adds a refreshing balance to the spicy of this vegan curry. Preparing the sweet potato ahead of time is a quick way to ensure you can have dinner ready to eat in no time. A great base curry recipe to add whatever vegetables you have on-hand if you prefer a little meat add chicken, fish or lamb to this curry sauce. Serves 2-4 with rice.
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced or chopped finely
- 1 small piece of chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or red pepper (optional)
- 500g chopped sweet potato (pre roasted)
- 400g can coconut milk
- 400g can cherry or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame beans (defrosted) (could swap for chick peas of preferred)
- 1/4 cup (3 rings of frozen chopped spinach defrosted) or a handful of chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 heaped tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle of lemon zest
- Serve with coriander and pumpkin seeds
- Prepare the sweet potatoes ahead of time the day before. Diced small and roast in the oven for 40mins 180˚c. Spray the potatoes with sunflower oil and sprinkle with ground cumin if you have some.
- Fry the onion, garlic, pepper and ginger for 3-5 minutes in some oil until soft and slightly browned.
- Add spices and cook for another few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes and sweet potatoes. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes check and stir every now and then.
- Add the greens a few minutes before serving so they don’t loose there punchy vibrant colour.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander and pumpkin seeds for a great twist!