Spelt banana muffins are small-sized muffins that are perfect for a kids snack or lunchbox treat. This recipe was created to use up two bananas and using simple ingredients, that most would have on hand.
I love my banana muffins with spelt flour but like all my recipes you can swap out for your preferred flour. These are moist and easy to make. I've added milk chocolate chips to half and dried cranberries to the other half of the mixture, feel free to be creative.
Takes = 10 mins
Bakes = 15-20 mins
Makes = 12
- Ripe bananas – 150g (2 small without skins)
- Spelt Flour (or your choice) – 160g (1 cup)
- White Sugar – 60g (3 tbsp, 1/3 cup)
- Unsalted butter melted – 60g (1/4 cup)
- Large egg – 1
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Dried cranberries or Milk Chocolate chips (or half & half) – 50g (1/3 cup)
- OVEN – 160˚C, Gas Mark 4
- LINE or grease 12 hole muffin tray
- MIX oil and egg until together
- ADD in mashed banana
- WHISK together the flour and baking powder, add in the sugar.
- ADD the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- DIVIDE the batter in two bowls and add chocolate chips to one bowl and stir
- ADD dried cranberries to the other bowl and stir.
- SCOOP into your muffin tray with either an ice cream scoop or soup spoon.
- BAKE for 15-20 mins until golden brown