Soft Baked Granola Bars
I prefer my granola bars soft. This recipe is my baked gluten-free granola bar made with gluten-free oats, oat flour, brown sugar, desiccated coconut, butter, and seeds. I made this recipe lunchbox kid-friendly without nuts and didn't add any dried fruit. Feel free to adapt to your taste buds, add in choc chips, raisins, and nuts, and if vegan is necessary swap out the butter for a non-dairy butter. If you want a sugar substitute swap the brown sugar for coconut sugar or a natural sweetener of choice. I haven't tested this recipe with sugar alternatives yet.
Takes = 10-15 minutes prep.
Bakes = 20-25 minutes
Makes = about 10 bars (cut 5 x 2)
Tin = square 20cm baking tin
- Gluten-free Oats– 175g 1+3/4 cups
- Gluten-free oat flour or gluten-free flour – 65g / about 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 120g, 3/4 cup packed
- Desiccated Coconut – 112g / about 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Melted unsalted butter – 125g /about 1/2 cup
- Bi Carbonate of Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp (if needed)
- Pumpkin Seeds – 5 tbsp
- Sunflower Seeds – 5 tbsp
- PREHEAT – oven 160˚C Fan / 180˚C
- PREPARE – square baking/cake tin – I use a 20cm square with baking paper.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan until completely liquid.
- REMOVE from the heat.
- STIR in vanilla.
- ADD – all dry ingredients and stir until combined with a large wooden spoon.
- ADD water if it looks too dry
- PRESS – mixture into your lined tin.
- BAKE – 20-25 mins until golden.
- CUT into 20 squares after 20 minutes.