What's for Dinner? Quinoa Miso Greens 5 minute meal
In this video and recipe, What's for Dinner? I am sharing Quinoa Miso Greens, my new weekly favourite. If you add cooked quinoa or grain, then this miso greens recipe only takes 5 minutes. This miso and greens recipe is super versatile, gluten-free and vegan if you don't eat quinoa, feel free to add your favourite grain or pseudo-grain quinoa, brown rice, spelt grains or buckwheat groats. If the grains are precooked, then it will only take 5 minutes to prepare. The flavours are a perfect balance of spice with a hint of Japanese umami deliciousness. My recipe was inspired by a recipe I read in New York Times for Kale and Quinoa Salad With Tofu and Miso, I omitted the tofu and kale and added my favourites.
Takes = 30 mins or if grains are prepped then 5 minutes
Makes = 2 serves as a main or 4 as a side with meat
- Rice Vinegar or balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- White Miso Paste – 2-3 heaped tsp
- Toasted Sesame Oil – 2 tsp
- Olive oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Chilli Sauce, or Harissa, or Sriracha – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh ginger (optional) – 1 small piece finely chopped or grated
- Cooked quinoa (or buckwheat groats, brown rice, spelt grain) – 1 cup
- Finely chopped greens (kale, spinach, parsley) – 1-2 cups
- Edamame beans – 1/2 cup
- Sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds – about 1/4 cup in total
- Optional; extra greens, sliced baby spinach, salad leaves, pan fried mushrooms.
PREPARE your grain before hand or the day before then this will be a super quick 5 minutes meal.
MIX in a medium bowl flavourings and stir. If adding kale, spinach or spring onions place these finely sliced into marinade and soak for 10 minutes to soften. Add cooked grains and all other vegetables.
TOP and toss through the seeds and nuts. Serve immediately. We eat this as a quick lunch or dinner on it's own. If you prefer to eat meat or fish serve it as a side.