Here's a cosy meal for a cold day. When you need to use up your vegetables or craving something that makes you feel good on the inside, then this is for you. You can use whatever vegetables you have in the refrigerator and create your own version. As well, have a play with the spices to create your own version.
- 1 onions chopped
- 3 Carrots sliced in rings and cut in half or quarters if they are large carrots
- 2 garlic cloves minced or chopped
- 1/2 courgette
- 1/2 red pepper chopped in chunks
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes x 2
- 200g passata (tomato puree)
- 400g can lentils or beans
- 1 cup of frozen edamame beans
- 200g fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 vegetarian stock cube
- 300 ml of water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies
- Fry chopped onions for 10 minutes in a large saucepan, then add garlic and sauce for another few minutes.
- Add all spices and stir for a few minutes then add all liquids and stir through.
- Add crumble stock cube, drained beans , and all chopped vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with quinoa, brown rice or toast.