How to Make Crepes: 2 Ingredient no eggs
I have been thinking 'could you make tasty crepes with 2 ingredients?' The answer is yes. I experimented two ways spelt flour + soya milk, then spelt flour + water. They both worked! I prefer the taste of spelt flour + milk version. Feel free to add salt or sugar to taste. I kept this recipe simple then the crepes are suitable to add either savoury or sweet fillings. The secret to good crepes is having a non-stick pan. I recently bought a new 24cm non-stick pan from Ikea and it is fantastic. I would highly recommend it if you're after a new crepe or pancake pan.
Takes = 5 minutes prep
Makes = 6 x 24cm crepes
- White spelt flour, or your choice – 1 cup
- Milk, I used soya milk – 2 cups
- Heat your fry pan. The pan should be medium to high heat. My portable induction hob is level P4, and on my induction stove top about 6 or 7.
- Measure and mix flour and milk together until fairly smooth.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup scoop out the crepe batter and gently pour it into a pan, then lift the pan and swirl the batter until it is thin and close to the edge. This size is perfect for my 24 cm pan. Cook until little bubbles have formed, then flip over with a non-stick spatula and cook the other side for a few minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used. You can store the crepes in the fridge and reheat them for later. Or store them in the freezer, you may like to place a little baking paper between each crepe to make it easier to remove individually.