This recipe for how to make quinoa flour pancakes are nutritious and filling. I think these are the best fluffy quinoa pancakes I have ever made. I buy quinoa flour, but if you only have quinoa flakes you can make your own flour using a blender to process the quinoa flakes into flour. I love creating new pancake recipes and my fluffy quinoa pancakes are a super healthy alternative to regular pancakes.
Quinoa pancakes are naturally high in protein if you are avoiding eggs try swapping out the eggs for ground flax, or apple cider vinegar, soda water, apple puree or mash banana. See my link below for the spelt pancake no eggs recipe ideas and adapt this recipe to be eggless.
This fluffy healthy quinoa pancake recipe that's easy to whip up for a weekend breakfast or a sneaky lunch that's slightly healthier or if you want to avoid gluten.
The benefits of Quinoa are:
- Naturally gluten-free - perfect for gluten intolerance
- High in protein - excellent protein source for vegans and vegetarians
- Low glycemic index
- Includes important minerals like iron and magnesium
- High in fibre and antioxidants helpful if you are trying to improve your health
How to Cook Perfect Fluffy Quinoa?
Takes = 15-20 minutes
Serves = 2 to 4 depending on how hungry you are
- Put 1.25 cups of water in a pot and turn on the heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of raw quinoa (rinsed) with a dash of salt.
- Bring to boil f0r 2 minutes then simmer for 13 minutes.
- Once cooked, let stand with the lid on for another 10-15 minutes.
- Then fluff up with a fork and it is ready to eat.
For eggless recipe ideas, check out my How to Make Spelt Pancakes 4 recipes and adapt quinoa flour to one of these recipes.
Makes = 8 small pancakes
Takes = 10 minutes to prepare
- Quinoa flour – 100g (about 1 cup)
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate soda (baking soda) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Large egg (vegan ideas see below)– 1
- Milk (I used almond or oat milk) – 120ml (1/2 cup)
- Greek or Natural Yoghurt – 3 tablespoons
- Cooked quinoa – 3 tablespoons
WHISK flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
ADD in egg, milk and yoghurt and combine until smooth. Stir in cooked yoghurt or add in a little extra flour if you don't have any cooked quinoa.
SCOOP out about 1/4 cup of batter, and cook on your preheated lightly greased pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear then flip over. Cook through on the other side. Serve with fresh fruit, spreads, butter, and maple syrup.
Sue Maree P Baking Tips
If you are after more suggestion on how to make Quinoa Pancakes without eggs, try a few of my suggestions from this post How to Make Spelt Pancakes without eggs. You could adapt this recipe to work with quinoa.