I wanted to share my recipe for how to make overnight oats with no dairy, therefore, means this recipe is suitable for a vegan diet or plant-based diet. A quick and easy overnight oats recipe that is a healthy breakfast option. I love this with chia and ground flaxseeds, made with soy milk and soy Greek yoghurt and rolled oats or porridge oats are fine if you don't mind a mushier texture. Serve with blueberries, then a sprinkle of sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Takes = 5 minutes to prep. + 8 hours rest overnight
Makes = 2-4 serves (about 100g/ 1/3 cup per serve)
Store = fridge for about 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months
- Oats, roll or porridge – 100g (1 cup)
- Milk of choice – 250ml (1 cup)
- Yoghurt of choice – 60g (1/4 cup)
- Ground flaxseeds – 1/2 tbs
- Chia seeds – 1/2 tbs
- Ground cinnamon – 1 ts
- Vanilla extract – 1 ts
- Maple syrup or your choice (optional)– 1 tbs
- Dried fruits
- Nuts and or seeds
- Extra yoghurt
1. The night before mix the oats, milk, yoghurt, ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl or jar. Cover and rest for at least 8 hours.
2. The following day, stir the oats, add your toppings, and enjoy. Store in the fridge for a few days.
Sue Maree P Tips
- Quick oats are okay: only need an hour or less to soak. So you won't need to prepare them the night before.
- In winter I prefer room temperature and not cold oats, so I remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before. In summer this will not be necessary.