Are you curious about how to make Mexican Spice Mix at home? Over the past few months, it has been tricky to purchase my favourite Mexican spice with my regular groceries. I suddenly thought what happens if I can never get this brand again? Could I make a homemade Mexican Spice mix?
Then I tried to re-create my Mexican spice mix at home and guess what? It worked. You can recreate it too. It's easy and tastes very good. I think my homemade Mexican spice mix is even better than the store-bought version.
Takes = 10 minutes
Makes = 4 serves
- Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp x 4 = 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp x 4 = 4 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp x 4 = 2 tsp
- Ground dried coriander – 1/2 tsp x 4 = 2 tsp
- Paprika – 3 heaped tsp = 2 tbsp
- Ground cumin – 1.5 tsp x 4 = 1 tbsp
- Measure and mix all spices together
- Store in a sealed glass jar for a few months.
- This recipe is suitable for approx. 4 to 6 serves.