Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Balls
My healthier chocolate hazelnut balls are gluten-free, have no refined sugar and no need to switch the oven on as they are a no-bake treat. A slightly healthy version of the energy balls or bites I have this recipe is made using only; hazelnuts, dates, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut and cocoa powder.
Take these chocolate hazelnut balls with you to work, school, travel or as a post-gym treat. Easy to make using a food processor, then store in the fridge or freezer.
Takes = 10 minutes plus chilling time
Makes = 24 balls
- Hazelnuts, ground – 75g (about 1/2 cup)
- Large dates, Dadlar or Medjool pitted – 200g (about 18)
- Cocoa powder or cocoa– 2 tablespoons
- Desiccated Coconut – 2 tablespoons
- Nut butter – 2 tablespoons
- Maple Syrup, honey or date syrup (or leave out) – 1 tablespoon
- Grind hazelnuts in your food processor.
- Remove seeds from the dates.
- Then blend everything together to make your dough.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out 1/2 tablespoon or a heaped teaspoon, roll into balls, then chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours. Store in a sealed glass container for a few weeks or in the freezer for a few months.