A Halloween Treat: crazy finger biscuits is a fun and easy bake. These finger like biscuits are a simple shortbread biscuit that tastes better than it looks. An easy Halloween recipe to make with children if you are looking for a quick recipe to bake and have fun at home. Prepare the crazy finger biscuit dough the day before then they only take 10-12 minutes to bake. Also, these crazy finger biscuits are inexpensive to make.
- Castor sugar – 100g (1/2 cup)
- Unsalted butter – 100g butter (about 1/3 cup + heaped 1 tbsp)
- Egg – 1
- Flour – 235g (almost 2 cups)
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Blanched flaked almonds – 15-20
- Red food colouring, paste is best (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven 180˚C/160˚C fan/Gas 4
- MIX all ingredients with a paddle attachment in your stand mixer or using a hand held beater until a dough
- CHILL the dough cover with plastic for 30 minutes or overnight is even better. If overnight remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to forming the biscuits.
- SCOOP one teaspoon of dough and roll it into a cylinder, then press two indents to form the knuckle one close to the top and the other half way.
- PLACE the shapes onto a paper lined baking tray, ensuring they are spaced as they will spread slightly during baking. See the video for step by step instructions.
- CUT a few lines on each dough finger, close together for the knuckle lines
- POSITION an almond or almond flake on the end of each finger if it's not sticking try adding a little dab of water under the almond.
- CHILL again for 30 minutes.
- BAKE in a preheat oven for 10-12 minutes.
- COOL a little, then paint the almond with red food colouring.
- ALLOW to dry for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- STORE in a sealed container for about 3-4 days.