My green smoothie recipe is a great way to increase your daily intake of vegetables. Recently I have swapped the apple for frozen pineapple pieces and it made my green pop. I'm not sure why, I'm not a scientist, but it tastes great and looks cool.
I don't use any milk, or fancy coconut water just chilled water. Adding the banana makes this smoothie creamy and naturally sweet, so I don't add any extra sweetener but feel free to add maple syrup or honey if you want it, extra sweet.
I find drinking a smoothie is a great snack instead of reaching for cake or a biscuit.
If I want more protein I add beans. This might sound crazy however, it doesn't alter the taste at all, just added ore fibre and of course the protein.
- Fresh or Frozen Spinach – 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- Frozen or Fresh Pineapple – 1/4 cup
- Medium Banana's – 2
- Chilled Water – (fill to water line on NutriBullet)
- Fresh Ginger – small piece no skin & chopped finely
- Ground flax seeds – 1 tbsp
- ADD defrosted or frozen spinach, pineapple and peel bananas
- PEEL and chop ginger, add flax if desired add chilled water
- MIX until all blended
- POUR into two tall glasses and enjoy
- no pineapple this can be swapped out for apple, but it won't be as bright.
- sprinkle add chia seeds
- 1 tbsp barley green
- protein powder
- extra protein add 1/4 cup white beans or edamame beans, you can't taste them