Greek almond crescent cookies are a cute baking gift idea. The gluten-free almond crescent cookies are quick to make; you don't even need an electric mixer. Simple ingredients egg whites, sugar, ground almonds, flaked almonds and almond extract. When you bite into the almond cookie they should be crunchy on the outside and soft in the centre. Are you looking for an easy home-baked gift idea?
Serves = 18 -24
Prep. Time = 30 minutes
Baking Time = 15 minutes
- Ground almonds – 300g (3 cups)
- Castor sugar – 100g (1 cup)
- Large egg whites – 3
- Almond extract/essence – 3 drops
- Flaked almonds – 80g (1 cup)
- PREHEAT oven 180˚C, 160˚C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- WHISK 3 large egg whites in a separate bowl until slightly bubbly.
- COMBINE ground almonds, sugar, almond extract and egg whites and gently mix. Be careful to not over-mix.
- SCOOP a spoonful either a tablespoon or a soup spoon, roll between your hands to from a log shape about 8cm long, shape into a curve to form the crescent them press in the flaked almonds.
- BAKE for 15-17 mins until lightly golden brown (don't overcook). Check half-way as you may need to swap the trays around.
- COOL for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- WRAP as a gift or store in a sealed container. They should last for about 4-5 days.