Flourless Chocolate Cake
An old favourite this flourless chocolate cake recipe is simple, gluten-free and absolutely restaurant quality.
That's right no flour needed for this recipe. The only ingredients are chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, milk, ground almonds and cocoa powder. Moist fudgy and is delicious served with berries and ice cream or fresh cream.
Serves 10 –12
- Quality 70% dark chocolate broken into small pieces – 200g
- Unsalted butter chopped – 225g
- Eggs – 6
- Brown Sugar (I love Muscavado but I use what I have on hand dark, light etc ) – 220g /1 cup
- Milk (oat milk works too) – 60ml / 1/4 cup
- Ground Almonds – 120g / 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder (sifted) – 60g / 3/4 cup
- PLACE chocolate and butter into a bowl and melt over a saucepan full with water over low heat and stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- PREHEAT oven to 170˚C fan, 190˚
- LINE the base and sides of a 20cm springform pan with non-stick baking paper.
- ONCE chocolate and butter is melted, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- PLACE eggs, sugar, milk and almond meal into a bowl and whisk to combine. If using a stand mixer use the paddle attachment and combine on low for a few minutes.
- ADD cocoa powder, chocolate mixture and combine on low until smooth.
- SPOON mixture into tin.
- BAKE for 40 -50 minutes.
- Cake should be set in the middle. The cracking on top is okay.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar once cooled slightly.
- Serve when cool with raspberry sauce and ice cream.