Energy Balls – no food processor – no bake
These no-bake energy balls are super easy only require hand mixing with a wooden spoon, no food processor or blender is needed. Simple ingredients, oats, dried fruit, choc chips, a hint of ginger, sesame & pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, cocoa powder, honey or natural sweetener then rolled in coconut (this is optional). Children love them. My husband takes them cycling as his protein boost cycling snack. Try making this version at home or mix and match with whatever you have on hand. Makes approx. 30 balls.
Dry ingredients – 4 cups (mix & match your own)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds toasted
- 1 cup sesame seeds toasted (or 1/2 cup sesame seeds and 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds)
- 90g (1 cup) of rolled oats
- 100g (1 cup) chocolate chips/pieces chopped
Fruit – 2 1/4 cups*
- 75g (1/2 cup) raisins/sultanas
- 132g (1 cup) currants/raisin/sultanas
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallised ginger (optional)
* you can mix and match the fruit quantities to use what you have on hand.
Flavours to bind
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 450g (2 cups) peanut butter (or almond, or sunflower etc)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar (or another sweetener)
- 1 cup of toasted coconut for rolling (optional)
- Mix everything together except for the toasted coconut.
- If a little too dry after mixing add more honey if needed. However, mix thoroughly first as it comes together after a few minutes and no blender or food processor is required only hands and a good wooden spoon.
- Scoop out with a teaspoon and roll into walnut size balls and roll into your pre-toasted coconut. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They will also freeze well for a few months.