My easy Spelt flour rainbow pancakes are a colourful treat to make at home for pancake day or any fun day. A colourful stack of pancakes, served with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup. My pancake recipe is made with my favourite spelt flour, but feel free to add the flour of choice.
Takes = 20 mins
Makes = 12 small pancakes 2 serves of 6
- White Spelt Flour (or your choice) – 200g (1 1/2 cup)
- Large Eggs – 2
- Oat Milk (or your choice) – 170ml (under 1 cup)
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Colours – 6 (red, orange, green, yellow, blue, purple)
- HEAT preheat your fry pan or crepe pan on medium heat, and grease with a little butter or oil.
- WHISK flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- ADD in the eggs and milk
- MIX until smooth and no lumps
- DIVIDE the batter into six bowls, about 80-90g batter in each bowl. I pour my mixture into a jug then use a scale to measure out evenly into each bowl.
- ADD in a few drops of colour with the tip of a teaspoon into each bowl and stir. Check my video for further details
- POUR about 1/3 cup into your pan and cook for a few minutes on each side then flip when bubbles start appearing. Your mixture should make two pancakes per colour.
- ONCE all the pancakes are cooked to make the colour pop on your stack trim around with a cutter or bowl if desired.
- STACK starting with purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red then serve with ice cream, or I love Greek yoghurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- EGGS if you only have one egg, this recipe should still work just add more milk.
- BAKING SODA – you don't have any baking soda, please use all baking powder instead
- FLOUR – you could use SR flour but leave out the baking powder and baking soda
- EXTRA SUGAR – many people add sugar to their recipes, I don't as I prefer them without, feel free to add sugar if you want them sweeter
- BUTTER in the batter. Many other recipes add butter to the batter to help with cooking. You could add this as well 1-2 tbsp of melted butter. I find I never need it.