An easy no-bake Easter Egg slice is a simple biscuit base topped with a thin layer of chocolate and finished with coloured pastel candied Easter eggs. A perfect sweet treat to make with the children or anyone who wants to make a homemade Easter treat to share with friends and family. I have used candied Easter Eggs but feel free to swap for your favourite mini Easter eggs.
Takes = 10 minutes + 2-8 hours chilling
Makes = 16 squares
- Crushed Biscuits, like McVities Digestives, Graham Crackers USA, Marie AUST – 250g packet
- Melted Unsalted Butter – 90g (about 1/3 cup)
- Condensed milk – 175 ml / 1/2 can of condensed milk
- Chopped Mini Easter Eggs – 90g, about 1/2 cup
- Desiccated Coconut (optional) – 20g, 1/4 cup
Decoration and Topping
- Melted white chocolate, milk or dark chocolate – 200g (test 1 50g white, plus 150g dark)
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Mini Candy Coated Easter Eggs – 16 (one for each square piece)
- Raspberry Pearl sugar or coloured sprinkles (optional)
GREASE and paper line a square (23x23cm) or rectangular slice tray (29x19cm). Extend the baking paper 5cm over 2 sides for easy lifting.
GRIND the biscuits until they are fine in a food processor (I usually crunch 5-6 by hand to have a few larger pieces) or smash all the biscuits in a plastic bag by hand or with a rolling pin a few larger chunks are ideal.
MELT butter in a small saucepan (or in the microwave 2 x 30 secs zaps), then add condensed milk and simmer for about 1 minute. Pour the butter mix over the biscuits and coconut in a medium bowl and stir. Cool slightly then add in a few handfuls of chopped candied eggs.
PRESS mixture into your prepared tray with your fingers and press down with a fork and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until firm while you prepare the chocolate icing.
POUR the chocolate over the slice, add a few handfuls of candied eggs, and place one egg in the middle of the cut squares (16), this will make cutting easier later on. Then chill until set. Ideally overnight, then cut into squares. Place the slice in the fridge in a sealed container, the slice should last for at least 5 days, if you can be good and not eat it all within the first few days.