Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies – Quick & Easy
Who doesn't love brownies? My new double choc salted caramel brownies is oozing with richness and sugary goodness. I know they are not healthy, but when you want to indulge, these are amazing. This is based on my regular brownie recipe - however, I have added dark choc chips and salted caramel sauce for a twist on my classic brownie. Makes 20 small squares.
- 200g dark quality chocolate
- 200g castor sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 60g plain flour (spelt works too)
- 85g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 100g packet dark choc bits sprinkled half way and on top
- 4 tbsp ready made salted caramel sauce (soften in the microwave or on the stove top)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl over some simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth. Once melted allow to cool for around 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate
- Stir together well until combined.
- Beat the eggs one at a time and mix in until you have a silky consistency
- Pour your 1/2 the brownie mix into the baking tray, and then sprinkle half you choc bits over the batter. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of your soften ready made salted caramel sauce
- Repeat - pour over the balance of your brownies mix, sprinkle the remaining choc bits, drizzle your soften store bought caramel sauce
- Bake for 25 minutes. The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
- Enjoy on their own or serve with vanilla ice cream and raspberries.
- You could also freeze these for up to 3 months, wrapped in an airtight freezer bags.