Desserts for Two: Chocolate Lava Cakes
Desserts for two chocolate lava cakes are a perfect recipe when you want a special dessert at home. Gooey chocolate filled centre that melt in your mouth chocolate lava cakes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, reminds me of eating in a French restaurant. The perfect chocolate pudding dessert to make from scratch at home as they are super quick and only 5 ingredients. I have adapted my entertaining recipe just for 2, so you can indulge without having to eat pudding all week.
- Dark chocolate 70% – 40g (about 9 small squares)
- Unsalted butter – 40g (just under 3 tbsp)
- Castor sugar – 40g (just under 1/4 cup)
- Spelt or Plain Flour – 20g (about 1.5 tablespoons)
- Egg – 1
- Pinch of salt flakes
- OVEN preheat oven 170˚C fan/ gas mark 3.
- GREASE: two ovenproof 9cm ramekins with melted butter and sprinkle with a little cocoa powder. I have also made them in my muffin tray for larger amounts.
- MELT: butter and chocolate in a double saucepan. Set aside cool slightly.
- BEAT: egg and sugar till light and airy for about 2mins.
- BEAT: in melted butter and chocolate mixture, then flour. Mix until blended completely.
- BAKE for about 10–12 mins (depending on your oven). These puddings are best slightly under cooked. If they look wobbly in the centre then remove them and they will set a little more out of the oven.
- COOL for about 2–3 mins before serving.
- REMOVE the pudding gently remove with a knife around the sides.
- SERVE straight away with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Sue Maree P Baking Tips
- Remember you can prepare the batter up to 2-3 days before baking and rest the puddings in the refrigerator then you can bake the chocolate puddings closer to the time you require.
- Baking for guests double or triple this recipe depending on how many puddings needed.