Creamy porridge with oat milk
Are you searching for how to make creamy porridge with oat milk? My delicious oat milk porridge is made with my favourite plant-based milk from Oatly, with a healthy touch of cinnamon and fresh apple and is jam-packed full of healthy goodness.
A twist on your basic porridge, I prefer to use oat milk as it leaves me feeling less bloated and lighter. I have added freshly diced apple, a sprinkle of cinnamon and flaxseed, walnuts and sunflower seeds, boosted with raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup for natural sweetness on the top, it won't feel like you're eating a boring breakfast but more like dessert for breakfast.
Vegan-friendly and kind to your stomach, an energy booster that will keep you feeling full for hours. In Dr Greger's - Daily Dozen checklist this bowl will tick off 7 boxes. That is certainly a great way to start your day.
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist-2/. Serves 2
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups oat milk (or your favourite plant-based milk)
- pinch salt
- teaspoon of cinnamon
- small chopped apple
- top with raspberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts, sprinkle of flaxseed powder and maple syrup
- Add oats, milk, cinnamon and apple and bring gentle to the boil until bubbling, constantly stir to ensure that the oats don't stick to the bottom.
- Once the oats are thick and the apple is slightly soft (5 minutes), serve topped with berries, seeds, your favourite nuts, flaxseed powder and drizzle maple syrup if you want a touch of sweetness.
- This can be made overnight and reheated the following day.