We first tried this baked Nutella cheesecake in an Italian restaurant Dublin. It was so amazing that I have been searching for the recipe. I found it and it was double this size, so I have halved this recipe to make it more doable. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. An easy biscuit base, two types of cream cheese, Nutella, eggs and sugar plus you'll need a few hours to baked and an extra few to cool.
Takes = prep. 20 minutes
Bakes = 2.5 hours
Makes = 10 serves
Equipment = springform tin 20cm (8 inch), food processor, mixer or electric hand held beaters.
- Digestive biscuits – 300g (3 cups)
- Melted unsalted butter – 150g (about 2/3 cup)
- Mascarpone cheese – 300g
- Cream cheese – 300g
- Jar of Nutella – 200g
- Castor sugar – 175g (3/4 cup)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Large eggs – 2
- Egg yolks – 2
- PREHEAT oven 120˚C and grease and line the base of a 20cm (8inch) spring form tin. Tip place a double layer of foil to the base as the springform tins are prone to leaking.
- BASE – grind the biscuits in a food processor and add melted butter, and combine. Put the crumb mixture into the tin and press gently until till the crumb mix reaches the top of the tin and covers the bottom. Chill the base in the fridge to firm up.
- FILLING – in a small saucepan place the un-opened jar of Nutella in water up to its lid and gently simmer for 10 minutes until the Nutella is runny.
- BLEND both cheeses, vanilla, sugar, eggs and yolks into a stand mixer and blend till smooth approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- ADD half the runny jar of Nutella and blend the cream mix for another minute.
- POUR filling mix into biscuit base.
- DRIZZLE the remaining Nutella over the top of the filling.
- BAKE in a very low oven 120˚C for approx. 2.5 hours. Check with a skewer and if it comes out clean it's cooked.
- REMOVE from oven and let the cheesecake cool completely (for at least a couple of hours) before serving.