Vegan Lentil Stir Fry – Sue Maree P recipe. An easy dinner Idea for a quick one-pot spicy lentil stir fry with quinoa is a healthy easy dinner idea which will be ready in 20 minutes. Are you searching for a great healthy recipe that is a super easy beginner to follow? Or are you looking for a vegan weight loss recipe? A Sue Maree P healthy dinner idea is perfect for anyone joining in Veganuary and wanting a deliciously spicy, tasty vegan-friendly recipe. Super low cost and a great healthy recipe for anyone cooking on a budget. A great student go-to recipe. A meatless recipe that is so flexible you can swap and change to add any vegetables that you have on hand. I have made this with brown rice; it also tastes delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic chopped or minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smokey chipotle fajita and taco mix
- 1 medium courgette thinly sliced and halved if too big
- 1 pepper red or yellow thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 tbsp tomato passata
- 400g can of lentils drained and rinsed
- sprinkle of salt
- some water if too dry
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- chipotle, black sesame seeds, coriander or parsley to garnish at the end
- Rinse the quinoa and bring to boil with sufficient water to cover the quinoa by approximately 2cm, then simmer for 13 minutes. Once cooked pop the lid on and set aside for another 13 minutes, until needed.
- Stir fry onion until slightly soft, add chopped garlic and fry for a few minutes
- Add spices and thinly sliced pepper if using.
- Then stir in the drained and rinsed lentils, passata and more water if too dry.
- Mix in the 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa (add more if you are cooking for 4)
- Garnish with coriander, chipotle and sesame seeds.