I'm always inventing new recipes, and this quick vege noodle stir fry is not only easy to make, it is tasty and healthy too. I've eaten this twice in a week. A great way to add more vegetables to your weekly meals. This recipe is vegan-friendly, tweak the combination to add whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. The quantities below is a generous serving for two. Be creative with the spices too and add whatever combination you like.
- 1/2 large onion sliced lengthwise or 1 small
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- small piece of fresh ginger sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or other nuts)
- 1 - 2 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 tbsp soya sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Splash chipotle sauce
- 2 squares of instant wholemeal vermicelli
- Spray your fry pan with sunflower oil and cook the onions for a few minutes until slightly brown - I always pop the lid on the fry pan.
- Then add garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli, beans, soya sauce, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and bean shoots.
- Place the instant vermicelli in a heat proof bowl and pour boiling water to cover the noodles and let it sit covered for 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and pine nuts
- Serves two generous portions, add olive oil, extra soya sauce and Chipotle sauce.