In a hurry and craving Mexican, you can have this healthy Mexican stir fry ready to eat dinner in 15 minutes. This quick and healthy Mexican stir fry is adaptable to use whatever you have in the refrigerator or cupboard. I make it vegetarian using what I have in my refrigerator; a courgette, a pepper, a few onions, garlic, paprika, my favourite Mexican Spice, a tin of crushed tomatoes, tin or green lentils, a tin of beans (I prefer black or white) and serve with baby spinach, cheese, corn chips. You could also add jalapeños, salsa, sour cream and avocado. If you are searching for a healthy Mexican recipe to lose weight. Eat more vegetables and less meat therefore this Mexican stir fry will perfect for you. Four generous serves.
- Red Onions sliced lengthways (8ths) – 2 small
- Garlic clove chopped finely – 1
- Mexican Spice (Gran Luchito Taco and Fajita Seasoning) – 2 tsp (or more if you want it spicy)
- Paprika – 2 tsp
- Pepper/capsicum diced small – 1
- Courgette /zucchini diced small – diced finely
- Green Lentils (drained and rinsed) – 400g green
- Black Beans or White Beans (drained and rinsed) – 400g
- Baby spinach
- Crushed tomatoes – 400g (depending on how sloppy you want it)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- FRY onions in a little oil until soft in a large fry pan.
- ADD garlic and pepper and fry for another few minutes
- ADD spices and cook for a few mins
- ADD courgette, tomatoes, beans and lentils and simmer for 10mins
- TURN off heat.
- ADD spinach and cover for another 5 mins or serve with fresh baby spinach.
- PRESENT on a tray covered with baking paper or a large flat platter if you have one.
- SERVE with corn chips and cheese, salsa, jalapeños, avocado (if you have it), sour cream (if you like it)