Have you ever wondered how to make pizza dough from scratch. This has been a challenge that my husband and I have been perfecting over the last 3 years. We love Italian style pizza and wanted to have fresh, hot, crispy pizza at home from scratch. After testing many versions this is now our weekly easy pizza dough recipe that I wanted to share with you.
(for 5 dough balls/medium pizzas - approx. 240g per dough ball)
- 750g strong white flour
- 1 pkt x 7g instant yeast
- 480ml luke warm water
- 16g salt
- time at least 2 hours
- Add flour and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- Add yeast and warm water and mix on low with a dough hook for 5 minutes. If you don't have a stand mixer use a wooden spoon or mix gradually with your hands.
- Check and mix again on low until combined then increase the speed to medium for another 5-10 minutes if needed.
- If it looks too dry add a little more water, if it looks to wet add more flour.
- Remove and flour your surface and need slightly to make a large ball, you make need a little flour if the dough is too sticky to work with.
- Place your dough ball in a large bowl dusted with a little flour, and cover with a damp cloth or place in a large container with a lid.
- Rest in a warm place for at least 2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Remove and place back on your dusted surface and divide with a dough scaper into 5 equal sized balls. If you are wanting to be precise, they should weigh to about 240g each dough ball.
- Grab a dough ball one at a time and work the dough into itself until it form a nice shape.
- Place aside for another 30 minutes until you're ready to use. The dough should last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To make your pizza. Stretch the dough by hand and place onto your paper for the oven before placing on the peel