Are you searching for a quick and easy beef nachos? My recipe includes a rich tomato beef sauce with layers of corn chips and grated cheddar cheese. If you have time, prepare the meat sauce the day before for an even quicker dinner.
If you're curious how to make a vegetarian or vegan nachos I have included options below. This year we have been eating more vegetarian and prefer the slightly healthy vegetarian recipe with beans and feel free to swap out the cheese if you would like the recipe dairy-free or lactose-free. My favourite beans are black, pinto or large butter beans. Feel free to add your favourite beans and they will taste just as good.
For fun I have used my bundt ring pan but if you don't have a bundt ring pan, use a round pan with a tin or glass in the middle, or use a regular rectangular lasagne type glass baking dish.
Dinner – 2 serves
Snack or side – 4 serves
- 1 chopped onion (optional, I prefer mine without)
- 500g mince beef - (vegetarian option - 2 x tins of beans)
- 1/2 tin chopped/crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons of Mexican spice mix
- 2/3 cup of water (only if needed or looking too dry)
- 2-3 tablespoons of tomato passata
- 250g grated cheddar cheese (swap for vegan cheese or lactose free cheese)
- 200g packet of corn chips
Easy Guacamole Dip (Avocado Dip)
- 2 soft avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced/crushed garlic
- If adding an onion fry this first, then remove before frying the beef.
- Fry 500g beef mince until the pink has been removed.*
- Add spices 1 minute and stir.
- Add tomatoes and passata.
- Mix together and simmer for a few minutes until liquid is cooked off.
- Prepare you pan by spraying vegetable oil on the base of you pan, if using a bundt pan be very generous. Start with a thin layer of corn chips, then a sprinkling of grated cheese, a large heaped spoonful of meat sauce, repeat layers finishing with chips and a layer of grated cheese.
- Bake in oven on 180-200˚C for 15-20 minutes approx. check after 10 minutes.
- If making it in a bundt ring sit for 3-5 mins before flipping out to serve. Tip use a plastic spatula to release some of the cheese from the tin before releasing.
- Serve with homemade guacamole, salsa and or sour cream. If you love jalapeno's feel free to add them. We prefer ours without.
*vegetarian option - omit the beef, add two tins of beans eg. black beans & red kidney beans, with all ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes, then mash your mix slightly with a fork or potato masher.